Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Toughest Job You Will Ever Love

Parenting is the toughest job I have ever had. Everyone tells you that, and it is true. There is no one to tell you what to do. You constantly make mistakes. The pressure to do everything right AND without yelling is immense. Papa and I tag team parent, meaning, when he is at work, I am home with the kids and when I am at work he is at home with the kids. This leaves very little family time and possibly a good deal of inconsistency for the kids.

I am the mother of Elio, an energetic determined four year old. And Saul, a sweet chatty five month old. I struggle to find balance between work, home, and myself. I was never the person who, when describing myself first said "I am a mother." I think that is starting to change. I worry I am becoming one of those people who can only talk about their children. I think before children I was like that with the dogs though, so maybe it is just how I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment