Friday, March 4, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow

I never claimed to have a green thumb. I love plants, but never seem to water them when I should. I think about doing it but never get to it until they look "thirsty". I have managed to keep a few plant alive for ten plus years. They have survived through several moves and lots of neglect. The fact they are still living says more about the plant than my ability to care for it. I do love my little window garden. It is not beautiful, but it gives me so much joy and pleasure. i love the light that comes through this window. I love to dream about the improvements i will make to it. i love to propagate new philodendrons. I never have the heart to through a plant in the trash, even when it is hanging on for dear life and there is no hope. Plants become part of the landscape that is our home. The small act of bringing the outside in, giving us something to care for. I think it does make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment