Monday, March 21, 2011

Serendipity

Spring flowers from Papa and Elio
Today was the first day of spring, so I wore a springy dress and my bright orangey red lip stick. After work I stopped at the Goodwill. I found a Halloween costume for Saul, a cute frog suit. An amazing sweater for me with little French men in berets and a vase. The vase is smallish with orange hibiscus flowers. I thought there was a sweetness to it and brought it home.

As I was leaving I ran into a girl who's hair I had cut the previous day. Serendipitous! She and her friend had been on a road trip and were spending a few days in Portland. She seemed genuinely happy about her haircut, a big change, and was following my advice of some places to check out in Portland.

When I got home I was greeted by Elio's huge smile and hugs.
"We got you flowers Mama!"
Serendipitous!

No comments:

Post a Comment