Monday, March 28, 2011

This morning, while Elio was at school, I took Saul for his first run along the river. I was running a bit while i was off for maternity leave, but have found it difficult to find the time since i have been back at work. I decided I would sign up for an 8k to get me motivated. I found a race at the Oregon Zoo. called the Cheetah Run. It's perfect! There is a kids run too. So time to start thinking about getting back in running shape.

It was a beautiful morning. The sky showed layers of clouds and patches of blue. I planed an ambitious five miles. About two miles into it Saul decided it wasn't for him. We stopped at a bench to nurse and see if he would calm down so we could get back on the road. It was a lovely place for a rest and watch the cars pass over the bridges. When Saul began to smile again I thought it was time to get moving again. I got him back in the jogger but he was still a bit tearful. We turned around and headed back to the car. Saul cried off and on the whole Way back. We maybe did three miles. I may be a little generous on that. It felt like I hadn't run for a while but I am sure glad I did it. Something about running makes it feel like you can breath a little deeper.

I am hoping getting back into a running routine will help my stress level around the house.Keep my energy going till the end of the day. Help me have more patience. Give me a little time for me? I hope so especially the patience part. Often by the end of the day I feel so drained I just want to push everyone away. You just can't do that when you are the parent. Maybe taking care of myself more will help me do better taking care of the little people around me. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment