Friday, April 1, 2011

I ran again today just two miles but I felt like I could run forever partly to the mild weather (almost 60 degrees!) partly to my running partner James. He is 14 some odd pounds of canine energy belonging to my sister Brooke. They are visiting for the month and I plan to recruit James as motivation for my training for the race in may. What do you think 5k or 8k? It is amazing how your state of mind effects your perceived fitness. There are days when two miles feels like one hundred and other days when it feels like nothing. I think everything is like that really. We make things so much harder than they really are just with our thinking. When I used to waitress there where times when every table was full and there was a line out the door. I would start to get flustered, making mistakes. Then someone said to me "When every table is full you can't get any busier. You might as well relax and do your best." It is the most true thing. It is all your thinking weather it is running, waiting tables, or anything else. If you can relax and move through you task and think positively you will do better, and feel beter doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment