Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I have been running quite a lot lately. I decited to do a half marathon with some of the girls from work. I am slowly increasing my distance and working on getting my pace up. I am a little worried about finding the time to train so I can still walk at the end of the race. I don't want training to feel like one more thing I have to do and be more stressful than fun. It is hard to fit in training with my schedule. So far I am feeling good. One thing that comes with running so much is these little mantras that go through my head while I run. They pop into my mind a mile or two into it. It is sort of a moment of clarity. The last one was "I am getting me back".

I had been feeling like I had lost a little of me lately. Feeling irritable, overwhelmed, bogged down. Now working toward something. Knowing that keeping moving will help keep me moving. I am starting to feel like me again. I look forward to finishing the race, to do something for myself. To accomplish something. To work hard for something. For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment