Saturday, June 25, 2011

We went to the library today. Elio picked books about dinosaurs and bugs, like usual. One book on the shelf caught his eye. On the cover was a rubber ducky all alone in the ocean. We selected our books and went to the check out. When we got outside the building Elio broke down in tears. He was so sad and I had no idea what was wrong. At first he didn't want to tell me. Finally he said "I am worried about the ducky". I wasn't sure what he meant. Elio continued "He is all alone out at sea". He was genuinely worried for the poor little ducky on the book cover. I tried to assure him the ducky was just fine. He cried all the way home. He was trying so hard to be brave and calm himself down. I told him it was alright to be sad and worry about people and things. Elio just went to bed. Tonight he brought with him his rubber ducky.

No comments:

Post a Comment